It’s not every day that a state can boast of having an MP who is undaunted when it comes to taking questions from random strangers on Internet!
Tathagata Satpathy is the elected Member of Parliament and Chief Whip of Biju Janata Dal in Lok Sabha. He is a man known to don many hats – he is also a journalist by profession and the editor of two newspapers, Dharitri (Oriya) and Orissa POST (English).
Satpathy has been known to stand out among other parliamentarians. On several occasions in the past, he has articulated his views on women’s reservation, crimes against women, net neutrality, Section 377 and other pressing issues concerning the youth.
In a format like REDDIT AMA (where lot of seasoned celebs have also got trolled – ref: Priyanka Chopra Reddit disaster), MR Tathagata Satpathy won over the internet by answering questions with reason, logic and an occasional touch of humor.
- His views on cannabis decriminalization are progressive
- Umma Gumma reference to the Pink Floyd album proves we have another Pink Floyd fan amidst us!
- His take on a few tricky ones like reservation and Odisha’s name change (which was proposed by his own party) was nothing less than forward thinking.
- He and his team share our hate of MTNL internet connection! Proves he is human too.
- Last but not the least, who doesn’t like head banging to these classics.
This is a fine example of how social media and technology can be used to bridge the transparency gap between common public and governance and set an example for future leaders!
Rest of Netas, are you listening?