- In time of 6 pm for the Freshmen. Seriously?! Oh its been like that over the years, complaints often fall on deaf ears and no one complying to the fact that the freshmen need a bit more of time to experience “Campus Life”. The in-time is increased by an hour each year.
- Scoring marks in Privatised Colleges is Easy. Think again! Yes, the conventional phrase doesn’t work here! At all. They do make the Engineering subjects difficult to score at. Re-checking is another issue. You’ve to pay for that. Damn!
- College Buses supposedly run all day! We just don’t know when! The timings were never disclosed! So only if you are serendipitous on a certain day will you find the bus waiting for you to hop in. Else, you know what Auto-fares are like, don’t you?
- Food at the mess is a mess. True that. The supposedly good food of KIIT is a myth. We agree that we love the food served on Special Days but on normal days, you have to just taste it to believe it! Oh and we surely take half as intended during the Veggie days. Seems like they’ve planned on training us on our physique as well. So long “Chubby” days! We swear we would be malnutritioned had it not been for the Momo stalls and Maggi Counters!
- Night Canteen, what’s that? If you missed dinner due to some reason and are hungry late at night, the best thing you can do is close your eyes and succumb to slumber. No night canteens out here so if you’re lucky to have your hostel provided with “Maggi-Coffee Corners” well and good, if not, you better keep a proper food back up inside your closet.
- The various Clubs talked about, in the prospectus, function on paper only. Yes, a few Clubs stand apart and make their presence felt but most of them are non-functional. The Club rooms and OATs( Open Air Theatres) are rendered useless.
- Not a definite campus. Yes, the campus maybe beautiful and spread over an area of more than 350 acres, but that doesn’t make it Awe-Inspiring, especially when there is not a proper boundary. So you won’t see a gate saying “Welcome to KIIT”. Probably that is the reason for the in-time being so early. Main Roads run through the college. We just don’t know what is a part of the campus and what is not.
- Riots ? That’s nothing something new. Every college has their bouts of fists n muscle. But our college stands out. The administration talks high and mighty about rules and regulations, disciple and punishment but when it comes to taking action, you might as well forget a remedy if you are the victim.
Bhadaas Courtesy : Subhobrata Das